Auto Registrations

Click on Moose plate for online vehicle registration 

Click here to get Free Auto Registration Estimate for new vehicle

The Town Clerk is now able to issue moose plates, vanity plates, etc.  Also be able to do overweight vehicles up to and including 26,000 lbs. 

New Registrations

If you are a new resident to the state you must obtain a NH Driver's license and Automobile Registration (plates) within 60 days of moving into the State. (NH RSA261:45 & NH RSA 263:35).

You will begin the registration process at the Town Clerk's office. It is required that you bring in proof of identification such as a driver's license and one proof of residency such as a lease agreement, closing statement on a new home, or letter from landlord.

You will also need to bring your out of state TITLE and out of state REGISTRATION to the Town Clerk's office where your NH title application and registration forms will be prepared. At the Town Clerk's office you will pay a motor vehicle permit fee based on the list price. A state registration fee will be paid based on the GVW of the vehicle at which time you will receive your plates.

1.There are two exceptions to the above procedure:

        If your title is being held by a Lienholder, bring your current registration to the Town Clerk's office along with the current
        mileage of the vehicle and the exact name and address of the Lienholder. A title application will be prepared by the Town
        Clerk's office, which you will forward to the NH Title bureau. The Title Bureau will then swap a NH Title for the foreign
        state title with your Lienholder. You will not be able to register your vehicle until you receive a letter from the Title Bureau
        informing you that the title swap has occurred. An exception to this transaction is made when your current out of state
        registration and/or your automobile insurance will expire within 20 days of the day you come into the office. A sixty day
        registration can be issued in this circumstance, giving the State of NH time to obtain the out of state title from your

2.Vehicles with a model year of 1999 and older do not need to be titled in New Hampshire: therefore you will need to bring
    the out of state title or the current NH registration along with a completed VIN Verification Form 19A (available at the Town
    Clerk's Office) to obtain a New Hampshire Registration.

3.Effective January 1, 2015 vehicles with a model year 2000 or newer will always be required to be titled.

Renewal Registrations

Residents must present current registration(s) for the vehicle(s) they wish to renew.

Transfer of NH Plates

In order to transfer plates from a currently NH registered vehicle, the first name must be the same, and it is mandatory, (RSA261:66), to have the current registration for that vehicle so it can be turned into the state upon transfer.

New Resident Registrations

New Residents from within the state must provide the current registration and proof of residency. New residents from out of state must provide the current registration proof of residency and the title or the lien holder information (name & address) for any vehicle

back to Town Clerk page                 Auto                Dog                Boat                Voter/Election